Sixth Form Admissions
- 6 GCSEs including English Language and maths, at grades 6 or above.
- A minimum of grade 6 in the subjects that you wish to study at A level (or their nearest equivalent). Some A levels require a minimum of GCSE grade 7. See individual course guides for further detail.
Our policy is to ensure that all students accepted in the sixth form are placed on appropriate courses where they are likely to succeed. For this reason, we require all students to attend a meeting with a member of the Sixth Form Team to discuss the most suitable courses of study based on their expected GCSE results.
Bobby Moore Academy Sixth Form has a Planned Admission Number (PAN), which allows for a specific number of places to be allocated to internal and external students. As the Sixth Form as a whole, as well as specific courses, are expected to be over-subscribed, the following criteria will be applied to applicants.
- The entry requirements have been met.
- The student was on roll at Bobby Moore Academy in Year 11.
- The student has sibling(s) who attend Bobby Moore Academy (Primary and/or Secondary Phase) at the date of admission.
- The student is a looked after child or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in Section 22 (1) of the Children Act 1989).
- Students will then be offered places on the basis of the proximity of their home (permanent residence) to the main entrance of Bobby Moore Academy measured in a straight line on a map.
The governing body of the school will, under section 324 of the Education Act 1996, admit to BMA Sixth Form a young person with an EHCP which names the school. This is not an oversubscription criterion. This relates only to young people who have undergone statutory assessment and for whom a final EHCP has been issued and which has taken account of the Year 12 entry requirements.
How To Apply
All applicants are required to submit an application form by the deadline. Successful candidates at each stage will then
- be invited to attend an interview.
- receive a conditional offer to join BMA Sixth Form.
Pre-application interviews for BMA students and parents September 2021
BMA Sixth Form Open Evening October 2021
Deadline for receipt of the online application forms December 2022
Deadline for receipt of reference form from external students December 2022
Interviews for Sixth Form admission Spring 2022
Conditional offers published to successful applicants Spring 2022
Sixth Form Induction July 2022
GCSE Results day August 2022
BMA Sixth Form registration for successful applicants August 2022