Bobby Moore Academy is a brand new school in the heart of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Vision, Ethos and Values
Our vision is to operate a superb through-school in the heart of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Opening for Year 7 students in September 2017, the academy's stunning setting gives us the unique opportunity to deliver unrivalled academic, cultural and sporting experiences.
Everyone, whatever their talents, will have the aspiration and opportunity to progress as a result of an outstanding and well-rounded education.
The secondary school will eventually educate young people from the age of 11 through to the age of 18 and will be based on Stadium Island.
The primary school, which will overlook the canal, will welcome Reception children in September 2018, and will eventually educate 400 children from the age of four through to 11 years of age.
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET), of which the Bobby Moore Academy will be part, has a passionate belief that by offering young people an outstanding range of opportunities they will discover what they can excel at and thus transform their life chances.
Such an ethos demands that at Trust and individual school level, we bring together best practice from across the independent and state sectors, to ensure high expectations and outcomes for pupils. In practice, this ethos will be delivered through three core values, the rules by which our community will thrive:
- Academic Ambition: we will always strive to learn and support learning to the best of our ability, completing tasks to the full and never impeding the learning of others through our actions.
- Wider Contribution: we will endeavour to support and draw inspiration from all the wider sporting, cultural, adventurous and leadership opportunities that are offered. Where we cannot excel, we can always play a part and support the efforts of others.
- Mutual Respect: all who study and work in our community are equal. We will be kind, polite and thoughtful towards each other at all times and never seek to contribute to, or ignore, the unhappiness of others.
Curriculum and Specialisms
Our offer will include all of the traditional core subjects, as well as sport, drama, music, art, design, ICT, languages (European, world and ancient) and an extensive range of co-curricular activities including performing arts, sports clubs/teams, creative arts, debating, entrepreneurship and outward bound expeditions.
As well as first class, specialist teaching spaces for each subject, the school’s facilities include:
- a full Olympic standard athletics track, 3G artificial pitch, and a full size sports hall equipped for basketball, netball, cricket, badminton, table tennis and gymnastics
- dance and fitness suites
- theatre, drama studio and rehearsal rooms
- music centre, performance suite and practice rooms
- ICT/library suites on all floors
- 6th form social and study areas
We make a commitment to get to know every one of our pupils and their families before they start with us. This will be achieved through visiting the pupils in their current school, inviting them and their families to open evenings and tours of the school and liaising closely with their current place of education.
All pupils will have a caring tutor within a house system to foster a culture of mutual respect and teamwork. Pupils will develop a sense of ownership, responsibility and pride in their school and their community and as part of this, all of our pupils will be given their first school uniform by the Trust.
We will be ambitious for all our young people and support them whole-heartedly on their path through to university and employment. Whilst we are very proud of the many young people who go on to top universities to continue their education, we also offer scholarships in sport, music and drama to ensure that the costs of expert coaching/tuition, competition and travel expenses, kit and materials can be met by all families who need this support.
As a Trust, we benefit from an extensive range of partners to ensure our pupils are enriched and challenged in whatever pursuits they embrace: