THE GREAT GET TOGETHER – Sunday 23rd June, Noon to 6pm
Whether you want to be entertained, get creative or get up and take part, there are more activities than ever before at this year’s Great Get Together! Discover local talent and enjoy exclusive performances and workshops from the world-class East Bank organisations set to form part of the Stratford community! Bring along a picnic to enjoy, or make the most of the delicious food and drink stalls sharing delicacies from all over the world. It is a fantastic day out for people of all ages and a real highlight of summer at the Park.
- World-class dance performances from Sadler’s Wells
- Storytelling, free face-painting and games for children
- Fun and interactive craft workshops including model making workshops with Ardman
- Family dance and singing workshops
- Beatbox performances, hip hop dance and spoken word/rap workshops with Breakin’ Conventions
- Pop up, immersive street art exhibition sponsored by IQL
- Making Zone with hands-on activities curated with local partners by the V&A
- Music throughout the day, including performances from BBC Singers and the Chobham Academy Band
- Have-a-go sports
- Street food and drink
- And much more!
This fun, free and family-friendly event is part of a nationwide celebration of our different communities, organised in partnership with the Jo Cox Foundation. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about the East Bank partners – the BBC, Sadler’s Wells, the Smithsonian Institution, UAL’s London College of Fashion, UCL and the V&A – and the work they are already doing in the local area, as well as popular east London organisations including the Discover Story Centre, London Centre for Book Arts, Blackhorse Workshop and more.
So gather together your family, friends and anyone else you can find and make a day of it!